Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All hail Jonah



See this little guy? He’s my nephew, Jonah. Jonah Joaquin Netburn-Ducker, to be exact. He was born almost a month and a half ago, on April 28. Cute, ain’t he? And see how he’s giving the thumb’s up while he’s asleep? Absolutely adorable. I love him. I maintain he’s the cutest baby ever born. My father backs me up on this, and he’s a pediatrician that’s seen thousands of babies over his career. So if anyone should know, it’s him.

I don’t have any deep thoughts to share now that I’m an uncle, other than I feel sort of generally happier. I feel indifferent the odd “Uncle Jesse” pop-culture association that comes with this, via either Dukes of Hazard or Full House. But I know the next “Jesse and the Rippers” joke I get is gonna set me off. Still, I occasionally think about what “kind” of uncle I’m going to be. But regardless, I’m just happy to see the little guy whenever I can. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

No comments: