Monday, January 19, 2009

Do Go Away Mad...




As of now, it’s past midnight on the East Coast, which means that it’s the first day of Barack Obama’s presidency, while the final day of George W. Bush’s reign has ended. Believe or not, I tend to be an optimistic guy, and most of the time I would opt to celebrate beginning of the good rather than the end of the bad. But given the shitty mood that I’ve been in for the past half-week or so, celebrating the good just doesn’t fee natural. So with this entry I bid adieu to one of my least favorite people that I’ve never met.

I’ve said before on this blog that I don’t do eloquence. So I’ll keep it to the point as possible and leave in all the curse words. I’m aware that I’m saying anything that hasn’t been said or typed before, but my feelings are as visceral as anyone else’s.

Fuck you George W. Bush. Fuck you very much. I have hated every nano-second of your presidency. Everything you’ve done for the last eight years has made life worse for 98% of citizens of the United States, and a large percentage of the world’s population. I can’t think of a single good thing that you’ve done while in office except treat your family dogs well. Barney is the most likable member of your household. I found your two-week “victory lap” around the country and trip down memory lane bullshit asinine and insulting. Fuck you and your non-existent legacy. If you finally want to do something right, you’ll just go away. Forever. The only time I ever want to hear about you again is if: 1) you or members of your administration are prosecuted for war crimes and various other crimes against humanity, 2) you’ve just died. Otherwise, I ain’t trying to hear any of that shit.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

well said, eloquent or not. happy 1/20/09 from the east coast. --deuce