Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Hed Rush: in mp3 form



One of the great sources of joy I’ve had in my life is having the opportunity to host my own radio show. Multiple times. Without getting into an in-depth history I’ll say that I’ve done radio (either live or Internet) on and off since 1994.

So now, after an over four year hiatus I’ve got my own show again, thanks to my long-time homie/high school potna, JB d’Mulatto. Only this time the show is in podcast/mp3 form. Recorded in JB’s studio, aka Ma’s House, I present to you, Hed Rush, the radio show.

Here’s the 411: The Hed Rush Radio Show features myself and JB playing and conversating on hip-hop from the late '80s through the '90s. We also discuss in-depth some of the trends and context that surrounded the music when it was released, and how it reflects hip-hop today.

It’s lots of hip-hop that I grew up on, and lots of JB and I talking. And cracking corny jokes. So if you like hip-hop from that era, and want to hear a couple of cats shoot the shit about it, you just might enjoy these podcasts.

Here’s the link Pt. 1 (about an hour):

http://rapidshare.com/files/200855493/1-01__1__Pt._1.mp3



And here’s the link to Pt. 2 (about 70 minutes):

http://rapidshare.com/files/200869147/01__1__Pt._2.mp3



The only problem now is that it’s going to be at least another month until me and JB can record another one of these podcasts. JB is currently on the road, helping manage the cross-country tour of The Whitest Kids You Know. As soon as he’s back, there’ll be more music. I’m hoping this is the first podcast of many. I certainly have a lot more music I want to play. Eventually I’ll figure out how to hook this up on iTunes or something. And I also promise that I’ll also start updating this blog with more music.

Until then, listen and enjoy. And let me know what you think.

No comments: